THE STARTIMES DIGITAL PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
Let me take few minutes of your time to explain the technology behind the Startimes digital TV service. When you understand this technological process, it would help you appreciate the installation process better and ensure you get desired installation results.
Startimes technology is based on the digital terrestrial signal transmission called the Digital Video Broadcast Terrestrial technology DVB – T. (Source; digisattvworld)
This process uses high towered signal transmission masts to propagate their signals within a defined geographical area. All you require to capture this signal is a special Ariel antenna connected to a digital signal decoder which is set at same frequency parameters with the frequency of the propagated signal.
Always remember that the best signal reception is obtained when there are no obstructions around your Ariel antenna when raised high to its towering position.
Table of Contents
STARTIMES INSTALLATION PROCESS
You can copy this section and save it anywhere easily accessible just to accompany you when installing your Startimes digital TV decoder and antenna. When you disassemble the antenna from its pack, so many accessories may look confusing.
Be careful as not to misplace even the smallest of these items as they perform unique functions in the installation procedure.
- insert the long pole-end through the antenna hole and tighten the antenna rolling screws firmly until the pole laps tightly on the antenna back hole.
- Notice that the connection cable wire has a screw end which you are expected to connect to the circuit box of the antenna facing down. Screw in the wire and ensure it goes in smoothly and tightly.
- Remember to insulate or cover the wire screw end with a water-proof masking tape. This is to prevent air or moisture contact which causes rusting. It is also necessary to tie the cable wire gently but firmly to the pole. This ensures that the wire does not sway its weight down and disengage from the antenna circuit box when the pole is lifted up.
- The success of your Startimes decoder and antenna installation largely depends on the level of signal obtained. At this stage, ensure the pole is raised high above any other obstruction. The roof of your building, electric power feeder wires and trees are common obstructions that may exist around your installation point. Stay away from all such obstructions.
- Since it is terrestrial signal receptor, your Startimes antenna needs to face directly or relatively towards the transmission mast nearest to your locality. You can find out where the transmission mast is stationed by asking dealer offices around you.
- After these steps, connect the other end of your cable wire to the “ANTENNA IN” port behind your Startimes digital decoder. Switch ON your decoder, run a scan and enjoy the thrilling view of the super digital collection of Startimes pay-tv service.
How To Connect Startimes Decoder to Tv.
Connecting your Startimes Decoder to your television, phone, or even to a projector is very simple. On this write-up, we will take you through the step by step guide on how to connect your decoder to any screen. It is something that everyone should be able to do.
Connecting your Startimes decoder to a television should be the simplest thing to do. There are two simple options available to any end user of Startimes to connect their decoders to Tv. Both options are found at the rear of any modern Startimes Decoder in the market these days.
The two ports that can be used to connect the Startimes antenna to Tv are as follows;
How to Connect Startimes Decoder to TV Through The AV Port.
The Audio Video Port (AV) port is about the simplest way to connect your startimes decoder to a television. Be aware that the AV port brings out analogue signal from the decoder.
See also How To Install GoTv Decoder in 2021
The name of the signal is CVBS which stands stands for Composite Video Baseband Signal.
The most useful functionality of the AV or CVBS Port is to connect your decoder to your Tv.
AV is the main port that transmits quality TV decoders to other equipment, including TV sets.
Take the following steps to connect your Startimes decoder to Tv;
- Take the Mini Jack end of your AV cable and connect to the Port labelled 6 in the Image above.
- Then connect the other end of the Cable to your television.
- Be sure to observe the colour codes on the Cable and ensure that the cable is connected to the correct Port.
- Yellow end of the Cable goes to the yellow port of the tv (that’s the Port that carries the video)
How to Connect the Startimes Decoder to TV through the HDMI Port
The High Definition Media interface (HDMI) port allows you to get clear video signals from the decoder to the tv.
The signal from this port is digital and therefore is clearer than the signal from the AV port.
Clear Signals go to TV sets directly from this port. Ensure that your Tv set has a HDMI port before you consider this option.
See more on How to Connect Startimes Decoder to Tv
If you encounter any problems in the process, come back to this page and ask me questions through the comment space below. I promise to give you a speedy feedback as soon as possible.